Are you or your employees eligible for long service leave?
Changes to long service leave were made in November which may affect your entitlements.
· The new laws will provide greater flexibility to women, families and those transitioning to retirement.
· Employees will be able to apply for leave after seven years of work, rather than ten years.
· Employees can now take long service leave in smaller increments, i.e. a minimum of one day per occasion.
· Absences from work including unpaid parental leave will generally not break continuous employment.
· Certain breaks will now count towards accrual of long service leave, e.g. unpaid parental leave
To review the changes in more detail please visit the link below. Alternatively, contact us in the office on 5174 6699 for further information.